K2 homeroom teacher
ISB seeks an educated pedagogue or early years teacher, preferably with børnehaveklasse/school experience.
The position is for a homeroom teacher in one of our two K2 classrooms (children aged 5-6), starting as soon as possible. Together with your class teacher and the rest of the K2 team, you will be responsible for delivering our early years curriculum through a hands-on, play-based, inquiry approach, whilst caring for children’s emotional and physical well-being. As this is our school-start group, you will also be introducing children to some more structured academic focus.
Personal and social learning is a principle focus in the ISB Kindergarten. Applicants must demonstrate a warm, caring and supportive nature, be creative, fun-loving, and ready to play! Being able to collaborate with colleagues and engage positively and proactively with parents is also a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning uninterrupted time for play as part of daily schedules and routines that meet young children’s needs.
- Building strong relationships with children and their families
- Creating and maintaining responsive spaces for play
- Offering many opportunities for symbolic exploration and expression (developing early maths, language, and literacy skills)
- Using observation and documentation of children’s play and development to inform assessment, planning, and delivery of the PYP curriculum
- Pedagogue education or teaching degree covering 3-6 years age group
- Experience with kindergarten /børnehave or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- Team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with children, parents, and colleagues
- Demonstrated passion for learning through play
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous growth and improvement
- Experience in børnehaveklasse or school
- Familiarity with the IB curriculum (or commitment to and willingness to understand the programme)
The position is full-time, 37 hours. Working hours are between 7:15-17:00 Monday to Friday, with occasional evening meetings.
It is a 1 year maternity cover, finishing end of December 2020.
Call +45 26327800 or email [email protected] with any additional questions or to organise an informal tour/meeting.