Kindergarten homeroom teacher
ISB seeks an educated Pedagogue or Early Years Teacher for a homeroom teacher position in one of our four K1 classrooms (children aged 3-5), starting as soon as possible. Together with your class teacher and the rest of the K1 team, you will be responsible for delivering our Early Years curriculum through hands-on, play-based inquiry, whilst caring for children’s emotional and physical well-being.
Personal and social learning is a principle focus in the ISB Kindergarten.
Applicants must demonstrate a warm, caring and supportive nature, be creative, fun-loving, and ready to play! Being able to collaborate with colleagues and engage positively and proactively with parents is also a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning uninterrupted time for play as part of daily schedules and routines that meet young children’s needs
- Building strong relationships with children and their families
- Creating and maintaining responsive spaces for play
- Offering many opportunities for symbolic exploration and expression (developing early maths, language, and literacy skills)
- Using observation and documentation of children’s play and development to inform assessment, planning, and delivery of the PYP curriculum
- Pedagogue education or teaching degree covering 3-6 years age group
- Experience with kindergarten /børnehave or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- Team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with children, parents, and colleagues
- Demonstrated passion for learning through play
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous growth and improvement
- Familiarity with the IB curriculum (or commitment to and willingness to understand the programme)
The position is full-time, 37 hours. Working hours are between 7:15-17:00 Monday to Friday, with occasional evening meetings.
Call +45 26327800 or email [email protected] with any additional questions or to organise an informal tour/meeting.