English Language & Literature Teacher
Are you committed to Playful Learning and would you like to work with children and colleagues from all over the world? Maybe you desire to work on the forefront of Playful Learning at one of the most amazing schools in the country, where we strive to be the best at what we do? If your answer is yes, read on!
We are looking for a qualified, playful English Language and Literature Teacher for our Middle School students, aged 11-16, starting august 2022.
- Certification and/or master’s degree in education/or equivalent
- An excellent standard of English
- You are a team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents, and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and meeting the learning needs of all students
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Commitment to Playful Learning in an educational setting
- Reflective and committed to continuous growth and improvement
- A degree in English Literature, Language or other relevant subjects
- Familiarity with the IB MYP curriculum and commitment to internationalism and student-led learning
- An interest in developing subject specific support strategies
- A full-time permanent position.
- A multicultural and respectful working environment with great colleagues, a sense of community and appreciative leadership
- Good possibilities for professional development in an international setting
- A well-run school with sufficient resources to be among the best
- Terms of employment according to the ”Organizational agreement for teachers and Kindergarten leaders at private, independent primary schools, boarding schools and independent vocational schools” and “The joint agreement between the
Ministry of Finance and the Teachers’ Central Organization”. (Ansættelse sker i henhold til ”Organisationsaftale for lærere og børnehaveklasseledere ved frie grundskoler samt efterskoler og frie fagskoler” og ”Fællesoverenskomsten mellem
Finansministeriet og Lærernes Centralorganisation”.)
Email your application as soon as possible! See the practicalities below.
Email or call Deputy Head Charlotte Andersen ([email protected] / +45 26327800) with any additional questions.
When applying to ISB please send your CV and letter of motivation in English to [email protected] and include the following:
- A description of your work visa status in Denmark
- A copy of relevant exams and qualifications
- If available, documentation from the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science recognizing your qualifications from your homeland
A clean ‘børneattest’ (criminal record) will be required of all candidates offered a position at ISB.
ISB is a private, International School, located in Billund. We are an IB World School authorized in the PYP and MYP Programmes. Read more at www.ibo.org, and visit our website www/isbillund.com/
The language of instruction at ISB is English. There are 400 students and around 50 different nationalities represented at ISB.