ENGLISH LANGUAGE & LITERATURE TEACHER, MIDDLE YEARS PROGRAMME
ISB seeks a qualified, playful English Language and Literature teacher for our Middle School students, aged 11-16, starting December in the 2021-22 school year.
It is a temporary maternity cover position running from December 2021 to December 2022, with the possibility to extend.
- Certification and/or master’s degree in education
- An excellent standard of English
- Highly collegial and collaborative team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents, and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and meeting the learning needs of all students
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Demonstrated passion for learning through play in an educational setting
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous growth and improvement
- A degree in Literature, Language or other relevant subject
- Familiarity with the IB curriculum and commitment to the values of internationalism and student led learning
- An interest in developing subject specific support strategies
- Experience teaching MYP and/or DP
Call +45 26327800 or email Deputy Head Charlotte Andersen ([email protected]) with any additional questions.
Terms of employment according to the ”Organizational agreement for teachers and Kindergarten class teachers at private, independent primary schools, boarding schools and independent vocational schools” and “The joint agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Teachers’ Central Organization”
(Ansættelse sker i henhold til ”Organisationsaftale for lærere og børnehaveklasseledere ved frie grundskoler samt efterskoler og frie fagskoler” og ”Fællesoverenskomsten mellem Finansministeriet og Lærernes Centralorganisation”)
We encourage qualified teachers regardless gender, age and ethnical background to apply for the job.
When applying to ISB please send your CV and letter of motivation in English to [email protected] and include the following:
- A description of your work visa status in Denmark
- A copy of relevant exams and qualifications
- If available, documentation from the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science recognizing your qualifications from your homeland
A clean ‘børneattest’ (criminal record) will be required of all candidates offered a position at ISB.
ISB is a private, International School, located in Billund. We are an IB World School authorized in the PYP and MYP Programmes. Read more at www.ibo.org, and visit our website www/isbillund.com/
The language of instruction at ISB is English. There are 400 students and around 50 different nationalities represented at ISB.